Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year

Somehow it has become 2010 already. The last few weeks have blown by in such haste that I hardly noticed the passage of time. In spite of my near silence here in blogworld and my little hiatus from Etsy over the holidays, I was working on a few things. So until I get some new projects underway, I'll share some books that I did in the Autumn and leading up to the holidays, for customers and friends, which didn't get mentioned here previously.

This custom steampunk journal was made for a writer who wanted a special journal in which to write her own steampunk-style fiction.


A model Nag Hammadi blank book, with exposed papyrus in the covers (although I used some Old Masters paper from Saint-Armand for the pages, rather than papyrus).


Two hardcover autograph books for my niece and nephew who are planning a trip to Disney World.


A red leather journal featuring the High School Musical cast on the inside, a hardcover chain-stitch journal with a soccer motif, a tan leather journal with a bead closure, and a set of box-board notebooks made from a Don Julio Tequila box.


I have big plans for the new year... well, I resolve to finish some of the projects that I started last year, and the year before...

8 comments:

Julie said...

Those are just gorgeous!

Pegg said...

Gorgeous books Rhonda! Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Happy New Year Rhonda, great books. I especially like the Steam Punk journal. Carol

MyHandboundBooks said...

thanks Julie, Pegg, and Carol. Happy New Year to each of you :-)

Elk said...

definitely dig the first one for the steampunk author... its a lovely unique design and quite different with its lovely brass loop and map like wrap

Angie said...

The first one is simply wonderful!
I love it! You have some awesome journals.

MyHandboundBooks said...

thanks Elk and AngieS!!

Velma Bolyard said...

yes, that steampunk journal is really nifty. i'll bet the writer loves it.