Another project that I was working on in the last few months, was making a few more Girdle Book journals. I have made some before and each time, I tweak the process a bit. As always with the girdle books that I make, I'm not technically binding these like they would have been done historically - I'm playing the 'artistic license card' with a lot of the details. You can read a bit more about this structure in an earlier post. This time I sewed my own endbands which, I think, is a nice touch. This is how it looks after the text blocks are ready with endbands completed.
Some of them looked better than others in the end, here are a couple of the better ones up close.
I wanted to use my own marbled papers for the endpapers too so the endbands were made to coordinated with them.
I used leather for the coverings and added either metal corners or raised bands and each one has a clasp.