Saturday, November 03, 2007

Pay It Forward

I recently started reading Kaija's blog, Paperiaarre, where she has posted photos of some amazing handmade books. A few days ago I joined her PIF exchange and now it is my turn to share this with my blog readers.
One of Kaija's books
Book by Kaija
Pay It Forward (via Kaija, Denna, Sia and so on) - here are the rules:

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

- - -

For anyone who is interested, Wikipedia has an interesting entry for the concept of paying it forward including some history as to the origin of the concept. The main definition given is an expression "used by a creditor who offers the debtor the option of paying a debt forward to a third person instead of paying it back. Debt and payments can be monetary or by good deeds."

4 comments:

Dre said...

ooh I'll play a PIF game ♥

Do you still have my addy or should I resend?

andrea said...

i love the idea of this. long-time lurker, but please let me join! ;)

andrea ~ mellowtrouble.net/journal

Sarah said...

Ooo! Can I join in? I've been an admirer of your work for a long time and would love to receive something! How exciting :)

sarahmitchell25@yahoo.co.uk

MyHandboundBooks said...

oh great! so nice to hear from all of you - this will be fun :-)