Monday, January 05, 2015

Book #5

Three-hole Pamphlet
Today's book structure is as simple as it gets: the very basic 3-hole pamphlet sewing. This little notebook features one of my own bamboo designs, a hand-carved and hand-printed lino-cut, on the cover. Typical of a basic 3-hole pamphlet sewing, this example is one signature where the outermost sheet also serves as the cover. Very commonly used for small notebooks and chapbooks. Pamphlet sewings are actually some of my favorite bindings so I'm going to spend the next few days presenting a variety of pamphlet bindings.

I posted a simple tutorial for making a 3-hole pamphlet way back in 2007... if you want to try it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Rhonda, even though the pamphlet style books are simple they can be a great way to get people (especially children) interested in bookbinding. I'm going to put together some tutorials on basic binding techniques for children on iBookBinding in an effort to reach out to the younger audience. If you wanted to get involved somehow then please do drop me an email.

Keep up the good work!
Paul

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thank you, Paul.

I did post a quick pamphlet tutorial here on my blog a long time ago if you are making a list of links: http://myhandboundbooks.blogspot.ca/2007/06/alright-bookbinding-101.html