Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Woodblock Letterpress printing - 3

During our third class I was able to print the second colour on the cards that I started last week. Here's one of the cards coming around on the print roller, with the silver text now printed on top of the black.


I also got some pictures of the bookbinding gear that lives at the Dawson Printshop. You know you want a paper cutter like this one. It can cut through anything - paper, book board, arms...


More gear, presses, hot stamping machine, finishing press... imagine having such equipment at your disposal!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some serious machinery!

Deb C said...

My favorite piece of equipment in my home is my book press. It is so handy! I am covering that cutter, though.... Just wish it didn't cut off arms!

Unknown said...

It only cuts off arms if you leave the shop in a mess. (evil grin)

ronnie said...

I'm imagining...I'm imagining (and not just the arm removal....thanks for that image :-|)
I'm imagining how I might tuck all that delicious gear under my jumper and spirit it all away!

Margaret said...

What fun!

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thanks, yes, it's a lot of fun.
And thanks for the warning, Niko :)

Billie said...

Ohh Drool!!!!

What wonderful equipment. I definately would love to work there.

My clumsy gene would need restraining around that board cutter, mind you I'm only little so probably couldn't raise the blade that high. ;)

Have fun

Billie

Michelle said...

Ooooh! don't we get a peak at the second colour? Looks like a great class,

MyHandboundBooks said...

thank Billie! the cutter is rather crazy, but i don't think it has ever actually hurt anyone :)

sure Michelle, I'll show the finished cards as soon as I have a chance to take some pictures!

Ampersand Duck said...

oh, drool. I've been trying to get a cutter like that for years. They must pass down through families or something :)

Nice printing, would love to see more!