Thursday, July 24, 2008

Recycled Books with a slip case and more stuff

I've been having fun using cardboard from our grocery items for books.



These are quite small. The notebooks are just 4½" x 2¾" (11cm x 7cm). Then I deconstructed the All Bran Cereal Bar box, and refolded it to make it fit the two notebooks. We seem to have a lot of Kellogs products in our pantry.


Also, by the way, I've been interviewed on the Bookbinding Etsy Street Team blog. Hop over to EtsyBooks.blogspot.com if you want to read more about me and books.


And thank you, Carol, for the "Arte y pico" blog award! This is the deal:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributing to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize should to show the link to the Arte y pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.

I'm passing on the award to the following bloggers and their blogs:
Billie, Billie's Craft Room
Kiley, Kiley's Handmade Books
Andee, All Things Dandee
Maiko, Flurrsprite's Nook
Ali, Charlie and Grace

6 comments:

Carol said...

Love your little books. And HOW did you get the award picture to be so dainty? I'm really embarrassed that mine is so enormous.

Ali said...

Rhonda, I love your breakfast box books - they are a really great idea!
And thank you so much for the award! wow :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to recycle cereal boxes (of which I have many). I'm a sucker for cereal; I'd love carrying around a Lucky Charms notebook.

Congratulations on your award!

MyHandboundBooks said...

thanks carol, ali, and rachael!

carol, i had to shrink the award pic to make it small here. i just opened it in photoshop and reduced the size - feel free to borrow it or link it or whatever for your blog post if you want to replace the biggie!

Kiley said...

It seems the recycling bug has bitten several of us this week!

I'll be doing a recycled fair this weekend so I've been hard at work on new totes and recycled leather journals all week.

Thank you for the award. It's always nice to know that people enjoy what you right about! As I am in full scale production mode it probably won't show up on my blog until late this weekend

Maiko said...

aww, thanks rhonda! i'll pass it on tomorrow ;)