Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My collection of books

I just added another book to my collection of handmade books; these are all made by book artists and bookbinders other than myself, of course. Some of these were acquired through a group book swap hosted by Volcano Arts. Hmm, looks like there are a number of Etsy sellers in this pile...some that I purchased, and most recently I did a trade with flurrsprite's nook. She sent me the light blue one in front. This is actually the first case bound book that I've got through a trade or swap. Thanks maiko!

3 comments:

maiko said...

awww the books are so cute! and good lord, if mine was as small as it was, some of those must be insanely tiny! :D

MyHandboundBooks said...

heheh, yeah some of these are rather small. although i think yours looks a bit disproportionate here just the way it is sitting out front and on top, it does look kinda big!

Clara said...

Lovely collection, Rhonda.

I went to a library book sale today, a once-a-year event that serves as a fund-raiser for the library. For the first time, rather than looking primarily for books for reading, I found myself looking for old books with interesting covers, which I plan to separate from the text block and use as covers for journals (using a coptic binding). I ended up with as many books for recycling as I did for reading. I guess that finally confirmed for me that bookmaking has become as important as reading to me, and that's quite a discovery!

P.S. I LOVE the CBS Expander. Beautiful job.