Saturday, February 06, 2016

Book #323

Accordion Album

Today's book is in recognition of the Chinese New Year. My five-year-old came home from school yesterday drawing cherry blossoms and dragons and informed me that I needed to make a book for the Chinese New Year. So this is what I did last night. I learned this accordion album from Gabrielle Fox's book The Essential Guide to Making Handmade Books, which is a really thorough introductory book. I also had the pleasure of taking a class from Gabrielle a few years ago and she is a great teacher. I tweaked her accordion album structure a bit to incorporate a hardcover, but otherwise it is the same. As you can see, each of the pages has a different cherry blossom picture. The cherry blossoms on the third page were some that my daughter had drawn.

No comments: