Sunday, July 19, 2015

Book #200

Flag Book

Welcome to the 200th day of the year! And may I present, my 200th binding of the year, the flag book. And a rainbow for Halifax Pride which is being celebrated this week.

This flag book features 200 flags, each cut from my own marbled papers so this book also represents 200 different sheets of marbled paper. It was an interesting process for me to get all these scraps of paper cut and arranged. There are sometimes stories or memories associated with them as I experimented with different papers and palettes, when I switched from watercolour to acrylic paint, or practiced certain patterns over and over, or made special papers for certain projects, etc. Arranging them by colour was harder than I expected but it did reveal a few things about my colour choices... I seem to do a lot of blues and greens and I had to really scrounge to find just a few bits of orange.

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

Congratulations on reaching 200 books/posts. : ] Perhaps your colour bias is a reflection of living near an ocean?!

larman said...

Ambitious undertaking for your 200th book.
All downhill from here.
Congratulations.
Larry C.

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thanks Cathryn and Larry!

Acornmoon said...

Wow! this is an amazing achievement. You have chosen a spectacular book to celebrate 200 posts.

AES said...

Just beautiful :)

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thank you :D