Saturday, April 25, 2015

Book #115

Green Binding No. 5

Yet another book made from repurposed materials. I used a zipper coffee bag for the cover and the pages are cut from brown paper bags. I made a closure using an old button. For this book, I did use new linen thread... otherwise everything else was repurposed.

Thanks to Carley who told me about books she had made using these kinds of plastic zipper bags. I used a different binding than hers. For mine, I used one of Keith Smith's 3-section stitches called haxagonals. I really like how the cover has a pocket built in, since the zipper closure is still intact on the front so it could be used to hold a pencil or other small items.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention. I love making the zipper pouch books. They come together so fast since they are already the perfect size. And they make great gifts for kids.

MyHandboundBooks said...

I was thinking about other ways to use it too. Maybe a piece of cardstock could be inserted into the bag, to make a somewhat stiffer cover. Might try that sometime. Thanks again for the idea!