Thursday, April 29, 2010

Six journals

When I was preparing for the local craft market that I mentioned previously, I prepared the signatures and the covers for these six journals. I had the covers made, pressed, dried, and the signatures were folded and pressed and I took them with me to the sale to work on if there was any downtime. I got only two of them bound while I was there, each are sewn with four rows of chain stitches, or the small-c-coptic sewings. Now I've finished the others and added the buttons and ribbons.

9 comments:

DebsArt said...

Hi Rhonda, they are beautiful. I have a free day today to get into my studio. Well except for childcare.
I am working on some retro blank journals. I found an old how to sewing book that I am using for the covers and using the pages to wrap around the sections.
Deb

Acornmoon said...

I love your hand made books and always feel inspired by your work.

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thanks Deb and acornmoon!
Good luck with your retro journals, Deb, sounds like a fun project :)

Carol said...

Love these journals. Is that a piece of your marbling? Stunning.

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thanks Carol, yes one of them has my marbled paper on it, the blue/red/green wave!

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

Hi Rhonda: Do your journals have lined paper inside? My niece who will be 12 this summer has specifically asked me to give her a nice journal like the ones you are making. I would love to give her a hand-bound book.

MyHandboundBooks said...

I don't use lined paper very often, actually. I have never found a good source of lined paper suitable for my books - I'm still looking.

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

thanks, Rhonda. I realized that when I went to your etsy shop and looked more closely at the books. I've emailed my niece your link and asked her to chose the one she's likes best.

mchen said...

Oh Rhonda, they're gorgeous! Great fabrics, buttons & ribbon combos.