I started making this book last year. I had finished a different project that had resulted in many many square pieces of black cardstock leftovers, so I designed this book so I could use the card stock as its pages. In fact, I had enough of these squares for 3 of these books. So at that time, I made front covers for 3 books but only completed one of them and it has been for sale in my Etsy shop for a while.
The theme for this week's TJBookarts challenge is "album" so that prompted me to finished another one...about a year later. And I still have front covers and pages ready for a thrid...to be completed...someday.
The covers are made with inlaid strips of leather. Both front covers have a hinge joint and the back cover has hinge joints at each end so it is quite flexible. And of course, a classic yotsume toji binding.
There is a little hasp on the front covers, attached with little tiny screws. I sometimes wish I could also be a metalsmith and make my own closures...that would be so much better than being restricted to the notions and accessories that are available commercially. I might just have to look into that...