Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Unfinished Project #3

This unfinished project turned into 14 books. Several months ago I started to make these. I prepared all the pages and then got busy with orders and other projects and all those prepared pages were moved onto the shelf of unfinished projects. But here they are, finally.


Fourteen small hardcover journals with mixed papers for the pages. Each book is colour coordinated, so the purple book has a mixture of papers that includes lots of purple, and the blue book has a mixture of papers that includes lots of blue, etc. You get the idea. And I decided to use Japanese Chiyogami on all the covers. Most of the spines are book cloth, but a few are actually leather. Hardcover pamphlet structure; I love making these.


It will take a while to photograph each book individually for Etsy, but I did get a couple of them added to my shop today.

7 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

whoa....this was a project worth finishing.....they look fabulous!

Blue Roof Designs said...

In my studio I have a closet of unfinished projects (a.k.a. Closet of Shame). They are mostly different media I've tried - sewing, tiling, soap-making, etc).

Your books look great!

Billie said...

HI Rhonda

Ohh what beautiful books, I adore the peace cranes.

Best wishes

Billie :)

BOOKS BY CLAIR said...

They're beautiful :-) don't you love it when you pick up projects you've set aside and finish them? Building the piles of unfinished projects is fun too :-)

Gary said...

Wow that's really cool. Are these leather journals, or are the hard cover? I've been wanting to make my own leather journal for a while now. I don't have much experience in book binding though. Do you have any tips for me?

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thanks Cynthia, Elissa, Bille, andPaperologist, and Gary!

Gary, get a kit or take a class or buy a book or find an online tutorial! There are some videos on Youtube too. Lots of options out there. My first recommendation is always to find a class - best to learn from others so you can get started off right.

24h pfleger said...

WoW! that was so darn fab.=D