Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Unfinished Project #2

Several months ago, I stained a LOT of paper with tea. I had enough to make ten journals. So I sewed all the textblocks and then rounded and backed all of them. I started on the covers and finished seven then ran out of the leather I was using for the covers. So the three extra textblocks were put on the shelf of unfinished projects to be dealt with later.

Now they are finished! Not the same as the first seven since my cover material changed, but these turned out nice, nonetheless.



As usual, available on Etsy.
Another unfinished project is finished!
I've already started working on the next one.

6 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

These are beautiful!
Deb

Lizzie said...

Yay for you! I love these posts about your UFO's. And these journals are really lovely. I like the way you have tooled the leather, to make the tapes & cords raised, like an old-fashioned book - yet they are very modern and fresh in style. Fab!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous!! Just gorgeous!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

oh la la....another wonderful finish. I think you need to come over to my house and help me clear off my not yet finished table of cut boards and signatures....

MyHandboundBooks said...

Thanks Deb, Lizzie, Cynthia, and Cynthia!!

deb said...

isn't it so satisfying to clear out some unfinished projects! The finished product is so stunning too!