Saturday, December 29, 2007

Collaborative Bookbinding



Just before Christmas, I had fun working with a fellow Canadian Etsian, designing and creating a special golf book. Her Etsy shop is called Neawear. She contacted me to see if it would be possible to create a book for her boyfriend, that he could use to track his performance when golfing.

This was a fun collaboration. She had lots of ideas to work with and after several lengthy convos where we hashed out the details for all the book's specifications, she designed the pages and printed them herself. Then she shipped them to me from Montreal. I sliced them and diced them and made the book.



I also put together a 2008 weekly planner using the same leather and same binding - both have a basic longstitch binding and a neat and tidy tab closure. So now he has this great set of books! He'll be the envy of all his fellow golfers, for sure.

4 comments:

Maiko said...

awesome! hurray for collabs! :D those are definitely fun!

Anonymous said...

I would love to make a golf record for my avid-golfer son. Is there some way (because I know nothing about the sport) that I could get a copy of one page of your Golf Journal, either from you or from nea? Thank you. Garland

BWK Art said...

What a neat idea! Great job to the both of you! :)

MyHandboundBooks said...

thanks :)

hi garland - you could contact neawear about that since it was her design - if you visit her etsy shop which i've linked in my blog post, you could contact her that way.