Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekly Planners

So again, for something different, I have made a few 2008 Weekly Planners. They have a standard calendar insert inside. Then I've also included some pocket pages made with cardstock, and there are a few sections of blank paper as well. So with all that stuff, I was able to put these together with a simple longstitch, the one that Keith Smith calls, "longstitch through a slotted cover." I even bound ribbon page markers into the spine as well. I am now officially registered to sell my wares at two local craft sales this Fall (!). So I want to make more of these planners but the last time I checked, these calendars were no longer available so I'll have to look around for a suitable alternative.

5 comments:

maiko said...

*coughfillintheblankjournalssoicanbuyonecough*

MyHandboundBooks said...

lol :) hmmm, i'll have to see what i can come up with....

TJBookarts said...

Cool idea.

You might want to check the dollar store to see if they have anything that you could use. Sometimes they have calendars.

MyHandboundBooks said...

Yes, for sure. I have found similar calendars at the dollar stores but i've seen only monthly-planners - so they have just a 2-page spread for each month. Not much space to write stuff for any particular day. But I might look to see what else they have.

However, I went back to my original source and was able to get more of these weekly-planners yesterday.

maiko said...

monthly planners are nice too though! it helps for getting an overview of what's goin on ;) at least for me hehe